Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I See Green

No...........not for St.Patricks Day..........its make your own

Laundry Soap, Fabric Softener , and Febreeze day


Laundry Soap-From Tipnut

 We would like to share our homemade laundry soap, fabric softener and febreeze recipes with you. There are many recipes for each of these and you need to decide which will work best for you. We both use the powder laundry soap vs. the liquid laundry soap.

The recipe I use is the 4 ingredients one:
3 cups Borax-found in the laundry aisle
2 cups Washing soda-found in the laundry aisle
2 cups Laundry Baking soda-found in the laundry aisle
2 cups grated Fels Naptha bas soap-I used this when my son was a baby to treat stains on his baby clothes.  1 bar equals to basically 1 cup.

I use my Magic Bullet to grate up the Fels Naptha and it makes it ALOT easier to mix then to hand grate it.

I store it in an old ice cream bucket and just use 2 tblsp. per load.  I have made this a few times and it cost about $15 for the initial cost but with this recipe, it will make 3 batches which lasts our family of 4 for at least 6 months.  I have started hunting for coupons for some of the ingredients which will just make it cheaper!!  I haven't had any luck finding them yet, but will continue to keep investigating. 





Fabric Softener- Pinterest Review

You may already be making Homemade Laundry Detergent and other DIY Cleaners… but if you’ve been wanting to cut costs on Fabric Softener… try making Homemade Fabric Softener!

What You’ll Need:

  • 6 cups HOT water
  • 3 cups white vinegar
  • 2 cups Suave Refreshing Waterfall Conditioner {or other favorite scent}

What You’ll Do:

  • Mix conditioner & hot water well, until conditioner is dissolved completely.
  • Add the vinegar, and mix well.
  • Store in a large container {empty fabric softener container, empty large vinegar bottle, etc}
  • Pour into a downy ball… or use approx. 2 tbsp. in the fabric softener spot in your laundry machine… then wash!

Where Jenneth and I have been making our own laundry soap for about a year, I just found this recipe on Pinterest. Before I would just put vinegar in my downy ball and throw it in the wash. Now I'm using this and must say it does add a nice smell to the laundry. Below is a picture of what I keep it in. I find this container nice because it has a little pour spicket ( actually a container I bought for the cucumber/lemon/water that I wasn't crazy about). This recipe comes from http://www.frugalgirls.com/




Homemade Febreeze - Pinterest Review

Credit


1/8 Cup of Your Favorite Fabric Softener
2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot Tap Water - To Fill the Bottle to the Top
So I made the Fabric Softener recipe first. Then I put it together with BS and Water. I had an old spray bottle so in it went and then around the house I went spraying. I used Ocean Breeze conditioner for fabric softener. It's not overpowering in the smell, it's a subtle clean smell. I find that this works fine for the occassional spray around the house to get a fresh smell. It doesn't have chemicals in it so you're not going to get that powerful smell like the real febreeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment